Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello hello fellow frogger's

I am starting a 40 breeder build to house a trio of Azureus. I was going to put them in my 30 but said screw it, I have the 40 breeder sitting here so lets use it. They will be in the 30 till this is done. What I need is some opinions on the door. I have decided to flip the tank on the side so I have more height than a standard 40 breeder...issue is making the door. I want to avoid removing the frame as its a real paint to get off and clean up nicely. Id love sliding doors. another thing is i want to avoid having a hinge at the bottom running right through the middle of the viewing area. so I could put the hinge at the top...anyone ever tried this?

let me hear those ideas.

This is what I am working with -

This is the frame and glass I am using. any ideas to make a sliding door without removing the frame?

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
you can silicone the glass track right into the notch on the frame.

the first pic isnt working BTW.

also how are you intending to orient the tank? with the top facing forward?

you may need to cut some glass and create a brace for the bottom front piece, if thats the case, since i see the weight of the substrate and the water it will hold bowing that panel, and in turn the track, which could cause the sliding doors to bind.

james

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

dont know why that pic didnt work. good point on the bowing and making the doors stick. what about a living silicone hinge at the top rater than the bottom?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts