Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer, I've been thinking about trying a few different food sources for some of my larger anurans. I've heard that roaches would be a good source, and I've heard of lobsters, hissers, etc. Which one(s) would work out the best? I've got larger Phyllomedusas that these would be fed to. At the zoo where I volunteer, they have hissers, but they are enormous and the rear legs are very spiney, could this be a problem? Do nymphs have spiney legs? Also, any care information on them is great appreciated. I found some very tight fitting screen lids at the local pet store, I use thme for crickets and they work well. I often find crickets climbing upside down on the screen, meaning there's no escape route. For roaches, I've heard that vaseline is good to prevent them form climbing? Any and all input is appreciated.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tnanks for the information guys. Lobsters sound like the way to go. Where do I go about obtaining some? Feeding veggies is no problem, because I have a russian tortoise that eats a lot of that stuff as well. One question I have is how do you get thme out of their tank into the frog's tank? Like crickets, put a paper towel roll in there and tap them into your feeder cup? Would they fly out? Another question, can you supplement them? Or do you guys just use as the occasional treat? Thanks a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.