Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try the egg cases idea. What kind of substrate idea are you using Divegod? I don't use any. I use dry dog food for protein.

As for someone elses thought. I would absolutely not replace roaches for
fruit flies as a staple

G

·
substrate

Im a sloppy culturer of roaches. Substrate consists of whatever soil or soil like stuff I have laying around. Old sand, leica, supersoil, yadda yadda. Basically, whatever I have around.
I may try the egg cases idea. I noticed today when I went to feed my chameleons that there are many juvies around, so maybe Ill give it a shot in a smaller tank. Theyre just so fast and scuttly, Im afraid the darts will miss them and they'll get all big and nibble my frogs...but, as I said, I may give it a try.
C

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
They sound like they would work with some of my frogs. My P. sauvagei search every corner of their tank, even after I feed form a camoflauged bowl. My african bullfrog sees everything, and so do my big-eyes (L. flavmaculatus). Where do I get lobster roaches or hissers? We have hissers at the zoo and they can climb glass, can the lobsters? Not sure how my mom will feel about this...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Derek,
Lobster roaches are around. Check with tarantula people. They use them quite a bit. I would avoid feeding hissers to frogs. They are highly armored in chitin, even the nymphs. I use lobster roaches because they are soft bodied. Your monkey treefrogs would love them.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts