Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these with a shipment of pumulio that i got, there supposed to be a pair of reticulated but the one doesnt look to reticulated. what do you guys
think

·
Registered
284 Posts
They look slightly different to me. The bottom one looks more like a hawain but it is a close call. Where did you get them? I would ask the people you got them from how many morphs they got in.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
They both look like retic's to me. The bottom one looks like a male and they tend to not have as much of a "reticulated" pattern as the females. They should have mostly reticulated looking offspring. Cool frogs! I am still looking for a male.

BTW- the hawaiin's are thought to have come from Toboga (Panama), which is where the reticulated populations originate from.

Justin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been keeping a 2.1 trio of reticulated auratus for about 4 years. The males are very reticulated, while the female has much wider bands and less reticulated patterning than the males. I do remember reading somewhere that someone claimed in their experience that they do not always produce true reticulated offspring. I have morphed over a hundred froglets from this trio, every single one has been very reticulated. A small auratus, easily my favorite.
Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts