Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to moving my reticulatus to a larger viv (they were in a 2 gallon pen pal). They are now happily residding in a vertical 10 gallon that I had finished planting a few weeks ago. I took a few shots of the new viv and a few of the frogs enjoying themselves in it. I've posted a few below. The planting consists of: 2 varieties of creeping fig, peperomia 'watermelon', fittonia, and an unknown philodendron. I decided to place several white film canisters along the bottom as well as a neat translucent medicine bottle that my mother's cat's meds had came in.....of course I just had to have it. ;) What do you all think about the new viv? It's a simple design but I think it looks pretty good....can't wait for the creeping fig to cover everything. :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the background

The background is basically a section of 1/16" cork sheet which is used for tackboards. I siliconed pieces of firbark to the cork in a mosaic to create the bark effect. So far I am very please with the results and the costs were very low compared to some of the other methods being used. In this viv I wasn;t too concerned with a water feature or elaborate backwall planting, but rather I wanted the creeping fig to have a place to take root to the back and keep the thickness to a minimum so that inside space is conserved.

-Bill J.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Bill,
I am about to put mine in a permanant tank soon. Not sure if I told you but I lost one of the 3 about a month back. The 2 left are doing great though. Eating like pigs and nice and fat. I am just preying they are a pair. If not I guess I will just have to check with a few people and see what I can find. Great job on the tank.

TonyT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Retic tank

Beuatiful job on the retic tank, I bet they love it, I would if I were a reticulatus, the photo of your frog makes him/her look very happy.. Best of luck with your frogs.. Peter Keane

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

Thanks for the comments guys!! I'm hoping that I end up with a pair...the one seen in the picture above is 5/8" so I'm guessing a possible female. The second one is a bit more shy and I seldom get photo ops from him. Tony...I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Best of luck with the remaining 2.

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That frog is fantastic looking! i have a 22extra tall that is waiting to be designed for either these guys or fantasticus. still debating, but that picture really sways the argument......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey BillJohnson,

How are the frogs doing? Did the plants fill in more? Additional pics?

Thanks,

·
Administrator
8,781 Posts
He appeared again, for a bit, after he moved.

I believe he left owing some people leaves (or something like this).

He had pulled the same act (regarding frogs) a couple of years before that - so I wasn't really surprised.

Better to just let this one go though ...

s
joshua_delancey69 said:
I got frogs off of him and then 2 weeks later he disappeared.......I do know he was moving....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yeah, He owed us some leaves...After 6 months of him "Disappearing" he finally popped back up...and said he would send the leaves out ASAP. Two months later he said he would just give us our money back, it's been over a year now, and I haven't ever seen it. THANK GOD it's only $30, and not frogs. I'd be pissed. LET HIM GO. I can't stand dishonest people, especially over $30. What a JACK*SS!

MIKE
snmreptiles.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts