Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Stunning!

Those Southerns keep whispering sweet nothings to me. I keep covering my ears yelling, "La La La, I can't hear you, I can't hear you" but it's not really helping.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Great looking frogs. Those retics look like they swallowed a couple of tiny footballs! I'd love to see pics of what you are getting in return for all of those stunners?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! I am pretty excited to finally have my Retics producing well for me.. it only took a few years!

Great looking frogs. Those retics look like they swallowed a couple of tiny footballs! I'd love to see pics of what you are getting in return for all of those stunners?
Not sure yet.. we shall see ;) Ill keep you posted..

Those Southerns are amazing, my all-time favorite frog.

Retics looking good too :)
The Southerns are one of my favorites as well.. They are "hands down" the boldest thumb I keep.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Southern variabilis are the boldest thumbs you keep? You should get yourself some benedicta.... Wait....
Ya, they don't move when im in their tank and know where to wait to get fed. Hows your group doing? When we gonna trade some youngsters?
Jake you didnt know that Viv in the front room was just for plants.. :/ The occasional flash of neon red is just a figment of your imagination. You say benedicta... I say ghost frog.. check back when courting begins (fingers crossed) and hopefully I can catch them on camera..

are your retics dotted or striped? got any pics of the parents?
Hey Julio the male is spotted and the female is solid, both came from understory a few years ago. I got home late tonight and they are not out, but if you do a search i've posted some transport pics of the male in the past ( I may be able to dig em up). Ill see what i can do to catch some new shots..

And a full tank shot perhaps?? ;)
Its a little overgrown but here you go..

def how could i forget
Im kinda shocked that wasn't your first question! ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Beautiful terrarium. On the topic of the Southerns, I'm currently raising a bunch of tadpoles of these (mothers are from Adam, father is from InnoEcto). How long do you find it takes for them to reach metamorphosis? Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Overgrown? Looks perfect to me. Good looking frogs you got there. I'm also curious to see what you are getting in return. I haven't worked with the southern variabilis or Benedicta, but my female Vanzo is by far the boldest thumb I have. I can pretty much touch it and it won't go anywhere. I can open the viv and take pictures of her all the time and she won't back down.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Beautiful terrarium. On the topic of the Southerns, I'm currently raising a bunch of tadpoles of these (mothers are from Adam, father is from InnoEcto). How long do you find it takes for them to reach metamorphosis? Thanks!
Hey John, My southerns seemed like they took forever! I didnt mark the cups (which i have since started doing) but I want to say it takes at least 3 months (i keep them individually in open air cups on the top of one of my racks, unheated). Part of the reason they may take so long is they morph out so big. Congrats on the Tads, they are awesome frogs!

Overgrown? Looks perfect to me. Good looking frogs you got there. I'm also curious to see what you are getting in return. I haven't worked with the southern variabilis or Benedicta, but my female Vanzo is by far the boldest thumb I have. I can pretty much touch it and it won't go anywhere. I can open the viv and take pictures of her all the time and she won't back down.
Glad you like the hex! Let me know if you end up wanting some Southerns, Id love to grab some vanzos ;) What ratio are you keeping them in?

beautiful tank!! what size viv is that?
Thanks Julio! I think its like a 27 gallon.. but honestly it was just an old fish tank that I picked up in the local classifieds so im not positive on the gallon/size.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I keep them at 1.1. They raised about half the froglets I have so far.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts