Dendroboard banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and excited to be a part of your community. I am studying herpetology in the UK with particular interests in Oophaga. In the summer of 2018 I plan to go to the Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica to carry out a dissertation and following masters study on the species Oophaga granulifera! As of yet I have not completed the hypothesis for my study and it's still in the early planning stage.

I was wondering if anyone on here has been to Corcovado and can recommend it as a location, also if granulifera can be found there in some numbers (I will be based at Carate just outside of the park, all being well). I have looked at various papers and articles to determine location information for the species, all of which is somewhat vague for the Osa peninsula where Corcovado is located. Sites say the species is present in the park, but they do not state how widely spread/abundant it is. Essentially I am trying to determine if this is a good location for my project to take place.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts