Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a rescue that i had to do the other day. One of my Costa Rican G+B auratus managed to squeeze himself through a small opening between the eggcrate that separates the false bottom resouvior and the pond area. I hadn't seen the frog for about two days, so when i saw it sitting on the pump for the waterfall under the false bottom, i knew i had to get him out soon. I built a door in the false bottom so that i could get to the pump, should a problem arise, but i had to move a brom to get to it under the substrate. After about to hours and some gentle coaxing, i managed to get the frog to come near the opening in the false bottom, where he was gently apprehended. The lesson in all this: make sure to always check to see if there are any gaps in yur tank to where a frog might get stuck! I am just happy to recover the frog safley, and it is eating so it seems to be healthy. Anyone had any similar problems? Please post them here. thanks,
-Joe

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lol Firebellied toads are evil when it comes to getting into places they shouldn't be. I tried to do a false bottom for mine and dug 3 out of it before I just gave up. And today, I guess my lid has warped or something, because the same d*mn toad keeps escaping! *grumbles*

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
...that's one of the main reasons I've never tried a false bottom. I use a LECA drainage layer in all of my tanks.
to each his/her own though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts