Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a pic in this months venomous issue of Reptiles magazine. It depicts a D. auratus that is blue with tan or grey small specs. Does anyone know this morph, and if so do you know where I can get some?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a picture of that exact frog, I took it when I visited there store, I will post it when I get my machine back up and running. I also will speak to one of the guys from Black jun to see if I can post there frog.

regards

Its a reticulated auratus , I think blue morph, In the light the cream color looks pink.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It is a really nice morph! Im sure it is some type of blue and bronze auratus, but these are still rather rare at the moment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sure you will Eric:)

Ask Ralf Jansen,Bernd Pieper or Armin Menges(I try to get the mail adress from Armin for you..he is kinda shy*g*)

Do you still want the white morph :wink:

Greetings
AE_le_terrible

·
Registered
104 Posts
I dont know which pic is in the magazine but in response to the original post, this is the reticulated Blu Auratus that is at the Black jungle store. Its colors are beautiful the cream color looks pink, when the light hits it, I believe they were looking for another but, sometimes these are hard to find. lollll

You guys overseas probably got them.
sorry for the bad pic.

http://www.dendroboard.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=72&pos=0

I posted the pic in my gallery in dendroboard.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
They are from the Panamanian frogs that came in a couple years ago. I am working with this line and simply calling them turquoise. Others call them blue and bronze. Their is quite a lot of variation in these frogs. I bought a couple hundred of the good ones to sort out the few I kept. I've started breeding some f1 to try to get more consistent results.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Michael

I think your a little confussed, I doubt you have this morph of frog. Have you ever posted a picture of your turcoise Auratus on kingsnake because I may have seen them, and they look nothing like this frog.

Sal

·
Registered
507 Posts
blue auratus

While I was living in Florida I had the chance to help unpack nearly a thousand auratus from Panama. There were very few of these blue and bronze auratus like the one pictured in the article by Richard of Black Jungle. Of the two pairs that lay we morphed out about 80 juvies and there was extreme variability in the color of the young frogs. From green to metallic blue and all the combinations in between. There were one or two with a bright turquoise hue. Some of the frogs Bill at Quality Exotics offers are from this stock.

We also set up 10-12 pairs of the green and bronze auratus and of the hundreds of babies there were a few metallic blue frogs. So it looks like the metallic blue is a rare color morph, and not a dominant trait, as the variance in the offspring colors suggest from the blue/blue pairs.

THe intensity of the bronze is also variable in brightness. If you have a chance to work with these they are incredibly beautiful, especially under CF or other bright lights. These frogs seem to be a bit shy at first, even the juvies, but they adjust well after settling in.

IF you are seriously interested in purchasing some please pm me. I sold some of the blue ones at NWFF in 2003 for $80.

Thanks
ERic

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I got mine from Jose Salmaron and Marcus Breece out of the first shipments in. Their aren't many around but they are around. For some reason their isn't as much variety in D. auratus coming in from Panama as from the first shipments.

·
Registered
507 Posts
auratus morphs

Michael,

I observed a decrease in the selection of differant morphs from the intitial shipments like you stated. There were always a few odd frogs but mostly green and blacks, solid blacks, and the array of kahlua and creme variants. Even when the initial shipments came in the metallic blue and bronze frogs were extremely limited. There was one reticulated auratus in the first shipment, I believe it is pictured in one of the collages floaitng around; but finally 2 more came in about a year later. They have started breeding, not sure how the young look now, when I left they were spitting images of the adults.

Thanks
ERic

1 - 20 of 20 Posts