Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the Atlanta Repticon today.....and I was impressed at the variety of frogs they had. I'm pretty sure it was many more than what they had last year....so I got pretty stacked and went "shopping". I came home with an all orange A. galactanotus, 2 mint terribilis', and of course, my 4 Understory Vents. Here are some pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
This was the best one so far, I got 5 leucs from joshsfrogs as well as a bunch of supplies from both joshsfrogs and under the canopy. If any local froggers are holding out because the past shows have been disappointing try going this weekend, I was very pleased. @darts15 did you get some of the bigger mints from under the canopy? Those were looking great, Tom said they have a few hundred tads/froglets, so I think I'm gonna be getting some next time.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Right on, those little ones looked really nice. I think I was over there when you were getting them. I'm jealous of that galactonotus, the solid orange is my favorite morph. I had to fight with myself not to buy a bunch of those Bakhuis that joshsfrogs had, they were awesome. Good luck with you new frogs....I live at the top of 400 if you ever have a FF emergency or anything.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ok awesome! Thanks dude! haha yeah. So last year I thought I knew everything about frogs (but I really knew basically nothing) but I saw the mint juvies and they looked nothing like the adults....so I was like BS those aren't mints. So I didn't buy any. That day, I went home and google searched young mint terribilis. And ya know what came up? A picture of the frogs I saw. I had to wait a WHOLE YEAR to get those. But I got em :D haha

·
Registered
67 Posts
There was quite a bit of darts there, would have capitalized on the buy 3 get 1 free deal on the cobalts but its way to hot to deal with shipping them home. I happened to be in alpharetta visiting family and decided to go. Got some abg from joshs frogs, some live moss, and an exo terra medium waterfall for half off!

Dissapointed I didn't find what I was looking for though, should have just picked up that satanic leaf tailed from reptileetc in sd

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it was a really good show for frogs. Yeah it's perty frickin hot to ship frogs right now.

@fieldnstream : If you've ever got any thumbnails or orange galacs for sale in the future hit me up dude!

·
Premium Member
Cobalts, Azureus, Green & Bronze Auratus, Northern Variabilis, Leucomelas & Vanzolinis
406 Posts
Just a warning: I bought my very first frogs from Under the Canopy at Frog Day in Atlanta back in 2005. Since I was new to the hobby, I didn't know quite what kind of sicknesses frogs could get or how to cure them. I was to learn quickly and expensively. The five frogs I bought all had some kind of bacterial infection. They looked OK at the expo, but started to lose weight within days of getting them home. By the time I researched and learned about using Baytril, an antibiotic, for bacterial infections and managed to procure some from a local vet, I was too late to save these frogs. I don't know if this was unusual for Under the Canopy, but I wouldn't care to do business with them again. Just to be on the safe side, you may want to keep some Baytril on hand if your frogs start to show any signs of deterioration.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Just a warning: I bought my very first frogs from Under the Canopy at Frog Day in Atlanta back in 2005. Since I was new to the hobby, I didn't know quite what kind of sicknesses frogs could get or how to cure them. I was to learn quickly and expensively. The five frogs I bought all had some kind of bacterial infection. They looked OK at the expo, but started to lose weight within days of getting them home. By the time I researched and learned about using Baytril, an antibiotic, for bacterial infections and managed to procure some from a local vet, I was too late to save these frogs. I don't know if this was unusual for Under the Canopy, but I wouldn't care to do business with them again. Just to be on the safe side, you may want to keep some Baytril on hand if your frogs start to show any signs of deterioration.
Just curious if you contacted them at the time to see if they could help you with the problem or if you gave them the opportunity to make it right with your loss? What bacteria showed up when you had them cultured to diagnose the problem? Sorry for your loss, Bill

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Under the Canopy Farms is run by very nice, very approachable people. If there was anything wrong with frogs they sold, I feel quite certain they would immediately make things right, and, probably throw in a nice package of freebie plants.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup. Greatgreat people. My experience with frogs from there has been really good...so far. :D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have only once had a problem with frogs that I got from Tom and Jane and they were very open to correcting the situation. They are not only very nice people, but honest business people as well. Talking to them at a show about 5 years ago was how I got into the hobby (so maybe I am biased). I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Likewise. Great people to do business with....and they have a wide selection of frogs too.

·
Premium Member
Cobalts, Azureus, Green & Bronze Auratus, Northern Variabilis, Leucomelas & Vanzolinis
406 Posts
Sorry to ruffle everyone's feathers. Under the Canopy may be excellent breeders and my experience may have been a rarity. This was 2005 when it happened and I didn't contact them at the time, because I was under the impression that when I bought from them at an expo that I had no recourse as all sales were final. That was probably my mistake and I don't know if they would have made things right. That said, it's still probably a good idea to keep some Baytril on hand when buying frogs from anyone at an expo. If the frogs are wild caught that goes double. It's better to be safe than sorry is all I was trying to get across.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes of course! It's good to keep it buying from anyone! But yeah. They're great people and its natural to expect for breeders not to fix things because a lot of times they won't....but I would imagine they would :) My favorite breeder so far.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
@dablock: no feathers ruffled here....just sharing my experience with them. Thank you for sharing your experience, it is important to hear about stuff like this, especially for people just getting into the hobby.
It is definitely a great idea to have some Baytril on hand, you never know when you are going to need it. I had a similar experience with some of my first darts (from another seller at the GA herp expo about 6 years ago), they all got what I believe was a bacterial infection within about 2 days. When I got in contact with the seller he was really rude and basically said tough crap. I was new to the hobby and thought that was just how things worked. My experience with Tom and Jane was the exact opposite, they were very helpful and totally willing to make things right.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I actually ended up getting some froggies from Under the Canopy at the Atlanta Repticon this past weekend as well. They are my first! I will post some pictures soon. I thought Tom and Jane were both very professional and courteous!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts