Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Two young Epipedobates tricolor 'Rio'
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new member from Southwestern Wisconsin; just wanted to send out a feeler for how the hobby is right now (on the macro and local levels) and get myself out there.

I've kept animals in some form or another for the last 12 or so years. My first pet was actually an eastern gray tree frog native to Wisconsin I kept for a number of years (longer than my younger self expected). It's hard to say how much of their care translated into long-term experience, but I can at least say that she (never truly confirmed sex) served as a catalyst for reentering the frog world. I only note the frog care world in general because I was initially interested in finding a red-eyed tree frog, only shifting focus after realizing darts were more to my liking.

Other interests pertaining to living things include nano reef tanks (seems like a common thread among others in keeping both darts and a reef or other aquarium), Neocaridina dwarf shrimp, tropical and house plants, air plants, parrot keeping, and freshwater tanks (three active right now).

My current build is a 10 gallon Aqueon aquarium converted to a vivarium using an acrylic conversion kit. It's currently home to two younger Epipedobates tricolor 'Rio's, dwarf white isopods, the odd springtail, a couple broms, moss, and some more plants I won't list off.
Maybe I'll do a build thread about it eventually if my next big 'dream' project isn't born before then.

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
Welcome!

Locally, there's not too much going on (you're in gecko and ball python country, pardner 🤠). Nationally (and internationally), the dart hobby is good. :)

Reactions: Leoito
1 - 4 of 4 Posts