Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has designed/made a 3d printed replacement cover for the inside vent below the doors on Exo Terra tanks that is fly proof? The part is removable and am sure the vent holes could be made smaller (just more of them) to prevent fly escapes.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
They could but if you went with holes the exchange could be altered.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Is there a reason you're looking for a replacement instead of just modifying the originals? For example, I've had good success with very fine metal (aluminum or stainless steel) mesh for viv modifications.

·
Super Moderator
2,637 Posts
Is there a reason you're looking for a replacement instead of just modifying the originals? For example, I've had good success with very fine metal (aluminum or stainless steel) mesh for viv modifications.
I don't even bother to fruit fly proof the front strips on my exo terras...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Haha - how does your significant other feel about that one?
Doesn't even notice. I have a dedicated frog room... Haven't seen any flies in any number in the rest of the house.
I really don't see much in the way of escapees. Maybe the odd one or two if I'm looking for them? It's almost as if my frogs are relentless eating machines that hunt down and destroy everything in their path...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Doesn't even notice. I have a dedicated frog room... Haven't seen any flies in any number in the rest of the house.

I really don't see much in the way of escapees. Maybe the odd one or two if I'm looking for them? It's almost as if my frogs are relentless eating machines that hunt down and destroy everything in their path...
Ha... I was just joking! I have a few of my vivs in my living room / office and the bright lights in the evening seem to attract any escapees, so I've gotten quite good at FF-proofing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts