Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my calcium and vitamins with repashy supervit and repashy supercal MeD, but I was told the calcium plus would be a better choice, the only reason I didn't choose the calcium plus was because I know it contains vitamins as well and I did not want to over do it with already having the supervit. Should I have chose differently or will the supervit and supercal MeD be fine?

Additional info: I currently feed every other day alternating between the supervit and supercal MeD.

Thank's everyone Matt

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
At the moment I am only usuing Repashy Calcium Plus, because it contains everything I want in a supplement, including those color additives that are really brightening up my Leucs. yellow and orange colors.
Theres a few very good threads here somewhere with Allan himself participating.

John

·
Registered
264 Posts
I use repashy plus almost every feeding. I use supercal/herpivite once a week, and repashy supervit once every two weeks. I'm far from an expert on dart frogs but I think you don't want to over do it on the supervit. I have also noticed that the supervit doesn't coat the flies as well as the repashy plus does.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

So, is the Repashy Supercal MeD okay for my frogs? I was going to get the Calcium Plus, but didn't because I got Supervite.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I am running Repashy Calcium + every feeding and that's it.

Worried about supping anything else. My lack of knowledge regarding the chemical make up of all these products makes me cautious.

If my brain was only as big as Ed's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i just bought some new repashy products ,
Vitamin A plus for darts.
and a new version of the old calcium plus icb.
any one have feedback on these?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i just bought some new repashy products ,
Vitamin A plus for darts.
and a new version of the old calcium plus icb.
any one have feedback on these?
Just be sure not to overdo the vitamin A supplement; I think if you follow the package directions you'll be okay. Also try searching vitamin A on this forum for some other advice.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Just be sure not to overdo the vitamin A supplement; I think if you follow the package directions you'll be okay. Also try searching vitamin A on this forum for some other advice.

ho do you (overdo) the vitamin A? care to post a pic or tell us what the package says, thanks.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
ho do you (overdo) the vitamin A? care to post a pic or tell us what the package says, thanks.
If you feed a concentrated source of vitamin A in the form of a retinoid (not beta carotene) you can overdose the vitamin A, if offered too frequently. The symptoms in anurans are consistent with other taxa so you can google it up.

Ed

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If you feed a concentrated source of vitamin A in the form of a retinoid (not beta carotene) you can overdose the vitamin A, if offered too frequently. The symptoms in anurans are consistent with other taxa so you can google it up.

Ed
I was beginning to wonder why my frogs' hair has appeared oily and is beginning to fall out...

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Consistent not exactly the same... but funny all the same...

;)

Ed

Reactions: tclipse

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
thanks for the post, but i am not even sure what to google with all those fancy words.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
thanks you guys for the info on the vitamin A references, didn't realize it could be that serious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts