Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some research and learned that all of my PDF vivs are substandard in quality. As i wish to breed them rather than simply keep them alive, i need to change their vivs around. The terribilis tank is too terrestrial, the auratus viv is too arboreal, the tinctorius viv is too small. I need to do some remodelling. I'm going to move the tinctorius into a new viv that i bought, put the auratus in their old viv temporarily while i redesign the auratus viv, put the terribilis in the auratus viv while i redesign theirs, and then return everyone to where they were. So i'm confident that i can do this, except for the fact that the auratus has a different kind of moss from the terribilis and tinctorius. Will this make a difference? I don't think it will, but i'm just making sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Instead of all the switching, and potential pathogen/parasite transfer, you might consider getting some plastic tubs to temporarily house the animals. Just put some damp paper towels and a few cuttings or large leaves in each one.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Instead of all the switching, and potential pathogen/parasite transfer, you might consider getting some plastic tubs to temporarily house the animals. Just put some damp paper towels and a few cuttings or large leaves in each one.
I concur. Set up temporary tanks while you set up more ideal ones for your frogs. With all the moving around between used setups you risk serious infection\pathogen\parasite transfer of your frogs. Sterilize everything thoroughly and start fresh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts