Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone keeping or breeding reeds right now?

Thanks
-Justin

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I've been breeding Blue back reed frogs, Heterixalus madagascariensis, for a bit now. I currently have a couple hundred tadpoles in the water.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have some listed in the classifieds Justin. They're great frogs, really easy to breed and even though they're nocturnal they are often active during the daytime, and they always come out to eat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been breeding Blue back reed frogs, Heterixalus madagascariensis, for a bit now. I currently have a couple hundred tadpoles in the water.
Hello Zack,

Do you have any pictures of what your offsprings generally look like? I may be interested in purchasing a few when your juvies become available? What do they cost?

Thanks! qfrog

·
Registered
599 Posts
yeah, I'd like to see pictures too. And what do you have them eating? And do they need a rain chamber to breed?

Thanks in advance

Brian

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
juvie

adult female

Babies will eat fruit flies, adults will eat them too but do better on crickets or a mix of both. They're not picky eaters.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Emily,

I'm sorry to say, but that's what my dog looks like when its taking a dump! Do they always look so constipated?

Sorry, I just had to. Really a sweet frog. No, really.

Take care, Richard.

Reactions: fieldnstream

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been keeping hyperolius argus for awhile and have just recently really started working on breeding my group. So far, without success. If anyone has any suggestions on this species or knows where I can acquire a few more, please let me know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hyperolius argus have been known to be one of the reed species that breed on lilly pads instead of the traditional leaf folding species. I have seen people use both live and fake lillies to accomplish this. Just a thought in case you are doing something different.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i have a 1.2.0 group of WC [no surprise there] hyperolius Pictus just coming out of QT, and do plan on breeding them....they have been calling, but no amplexus yet...

here's some pics:

male

female 1

female 2

if those are the parents, i cant wait to see the offspring!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts