Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Congratulations, that is great! Do you have a FTS of adults? If you do well producing more I would ask you keep me in mind for surplus. I really like that morph as they were my first PDF in the 70's. Your lighting in the pic is dim by comparison to other peoples pics posted. Is this true? I ask because I feel many frogs are kept under too much light limiting activity levels. Bill

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill,

The lights are actually fairly bright in the enclosures (those pics were taken at night when they will actually sit still long enough to take a pic!). The parent tank and a recent tank I moved two of the froglets too are pictured below.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Shawn!

Unfortunately the large enclosures and dense array of stucture/plants make it difficult to get good pics of the frogs. They have some where to disappear too at every angle!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Julio,

The parent tank is roughly 3' x 2' x 3'. The newer enclosure (2nd pic) is roughly 3' x 2' x 2'

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, I second that. Nice vivariums!
Very nice moss growth also. Good job.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Nick, these frogs are awesome and that viv looks great. I missed Ian's when I went there. I'd love to be able to come see these in person sometime.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hey Robb,

Offspring have been doing well. I moved the two largest ones out at 3 months of age and they have been doing well. They grew so much quicker than the other two it just seemed like the right move at the time. The smaller two left with the parents really picked up growth after moving their siblings out. (all four offspring were from one clutch and all came out within a week of each other, a fith froglet perished shortly after morphing, and a sixth tad Ian and I pulled and raised on other feeder eggs, for whatever reason mom quit caring for it about a month into raising).

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It's good to see success after moving them out so early. I've never been able to put much logic around my experiences with having to leave them in with the parents. So many parameters to look into. Hopefully I'll get to see your enclosures in person sometime, they look great, and I'm a big fan of "the bigger the better" when it comes to these guys.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking foward to it Robb, Ian said you might be able to make it down around Christmas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts