Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought 1 red eye tree frog yesterday online and it came in perfectly fine and living, we put him in his new appropriate size tank with plants, good substrate, and even a waterfall, but as soon as we put him in he went in to the corner and slept all day which is normal of course but whenever he woke up for about 20 minutes he immediately went back to sleep AT NIGHT, i thought these creatures are up and about at night, no lights are on to disturb him either, plus it is also strange he is sleeping on the ground and bot the things he can climb on, any tips?

·
Super Moderator
3,148 Posts
i bought 1 red eye tree frog yesterday online and it came in perfectly fine and living, we put him in his new appropriate size tank with plants, good substrate, and even a waterfall, but as soon as we put him in he went in to the corner and slept all day which is normal of course but whenever he woke up for about 20 minutes he immediately went back to sleep AT NIGHT, i thought these creatures are up and about at night, no lights are on to disturb him either, plus it is also strange he is sleeping on the ground and bot the things he can climb on, any tips?
I'm no tree frog expert, but pictures of the setup and a description of the lighting, heat / temperatures, humidity, etc. will help people provide input.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
Having a red eyed tree frog is like having a night blooming flower. Regard it with the same expectation of presence.

Laying on the floor instead of the arboreal scope of env can mean many things. Including stress and exhaustion from shipping, but albeit the text you provide a photo of your environment is critical data.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts