Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about RO water. For the longest time I have bought distilled water for spraying purposes.

Do there exist hobbyist-scale RO systems which would allow me to recycle my siphoned tank water and use it to spray again?

·
Registered
19,329 Posts
You would have to hook a pump up to the sump with the water in it as the RO filter needs to work with pressurized water. You can do this with one of the booster diaphram pumps, but you need to check to make sure that it can get the pressure high enough.

Ed

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
you will also be replacing filters and ro membranes at an alarming rate if your trying yo "recycle" it. your better off disposing of the excess water (preferably with some sort of passive draining system such as drilled holes w/ bulkheads at the desired water level) and using the ro water (from processed tap) to supply the mister.

james

·
Registered
725 Posts
you will also be replacing filters and ro membranes at an alarming rate if your trying yo "recycle" it. your better off disposing of the excess water (preferably with some sort of passive draining system such as drilled holes w/ bulkheads at the desired water level) and using the ro water (from processed tap) to supply the mister.

james
Agreed. RO filters and membranes aren't super cheap either. Just toss the old water and spray with the new RO water. I don't have an RO system just because it would not be practical for me. i only have 2 tanks to mist every day or so. my local grocery store sells RO water for 49cents a gallon. i can fill up my 2 gallon jug for under a dollar and it usually lasts me about a month or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts