Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told when I got my ipod that I could hook up a mic to it and do frog call recordings. Does anyone have any idea how to do this, and what type of mic I would need. I'm trying to get all my last minute stuff ordered before I leave for Ecuador, so I'd like to get this stuff soon.
j

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have not tried it, but I think you are looking for something like the iPOD Voice Recorder and the Griffin Talk iPod Voice Recorder. They are available through most Apple online retailers, which could probably ship it to you rather fast.

Have fun!

Chris D.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Griffin recording product is called iTalk. Mine works pretty well, and is very easy to use with itunes and my ipod. In fact it even switches the ipod into the record mode when you plug it in. (I also love my iTrip also by Griffin)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How good of sound quality will I get with these mics mentioned? I was thinking I'd need some fancy external one, but if a smaller one will work, all the better.
j

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Yeager said:
How good of sound quality will I get with these mics mentioned? I was thinking I'd need some fancy external one, but if a smaller one will work, all the better.
j
Well, when I was looking into recording equipment, for the best sound quality, everyone I talked to said to spend as much as you can on the recorder, and then spend twice as much on the mic. (I never did scrape up the $ for either)
I'm not too up to date on digital recorders if the one you plan on getting uses a ton of compression to allow a zillion songs on a one ounce recorder, it would probably be a waste to spend big money on a mic.
Just my $0.02!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeager said:
I was told when I got my ipod that I could hook up a mic to it and do frog call recordings.
LOL, thats an ipod sales pitch you don't hear every day.

Anyways, I don't think I'd go to the apple websights for the mic.... I'd go to ebay. You can get some ipod stuff dirt cheep there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts