Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am curious how everyone keeps records of their frogs. For example: feeding, breeding, caring, ect. Currently I keep a 5 subject binder, with a section for feeding, eggs, tadpoles, frogs, and selling/trading/buying. It works pretty good, but I'm looking to improve it. I was thinking about using like microsoft excel on my computer. Anyone use this? Or have other good methods? Pictures would greatly help as well, thanks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I do. All line info, age, and who I got them from. I also document when mine lay egg clutches and how may of those make it through to a froglet. But after a while it gets tiresome doing this. I know some people that have so many breeding pairs that this would be like a second.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I totally understand. I keep all the same records. Do you keep yours on the computer or on paper?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hey Chris, I keep all my line info, age, date I received, etc in excel with a paper copy in a notebook. As for breeding, clutches, tads in water, spray schedule, dust schedule, etc I use a calendar with those big blank boxes. At the end of the month I put all that info into a hard copy calendar and save it to my computer. It's just easier for me to jot down PB-4 (Powder Blues laid a clutch of four) on a calendar and move along.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lisa would you mind either posting on here or PM a screen shot of your excel records? I'm trying to set one up for my frogs, and another one for my snakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts