Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past year or so I have been working on decreasing the total number of tanks in my frog room and focusing more on offering larger tanks to the frogs that I keep. Ultimately, that meant that I had to decrease the number of frogs that I keep - but I am happier with the end product.

Even though I cleaned the glass on all of the tanks before shooting pics, some condensation developed by the time I got to taking pics. Also, I should have used my tripod - so the pics are a little blurry.

Rack 1: 4 - 16" Acrylic cubes, 2 - 20L tanks

Rack 2: 6-15H Verts; 20L

Rack 3: 2-18x18x24 ZooMeds; 1-18" Exo Cube; 1-24x18x18 Exo; 32x16x16 Acrylic Tank

Rack 4: 4-15H Verts; 2-18" Exo Cubes; 30L

Rack 5: 2-18x18x24 ZooMeds; 3-12x12x18" Exos; 32x16x16 Acrylic Tank

Rack 6: 18x18x24 Exo; 24x18x24 Exo; 30L

And here is a cleaner shot of one of my favorite pumilio tanks - a 24x18x18 Exo that houses a trio of Bastimentos

I am down to a total of 34 tanks, down from a peak collection size of 48 tanks. I do have one empty 48" long shelf - so at some point the tank count may go up to 35 or 36 ;)

Oz

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any time Gary. I am hoping that maybe at some point later this summer/fall to have a meet at my place. Not exactly sure when though.

So, I am open to suggestions.

Looking at the pictures again - they did not come out very well at all...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The past year or so I have been working on decreasing the total number of tanks in my frog room and focusing more on offering larger tanks to the frogs that I keep. Ultimately, that meant that I had to decrease the number of frogs that I keep - but I am happier with the end product.
That's some good stuff right there.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Any time Gary. I am hoping that maybe at some point later this summer/fall to have a meet at my place. Not exactly sure when though.
Now this may be a trip worth taking. Oz, think you'll have some frogs available by then...time to start thinking about building some more tanks.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike -

Many of my pumilio are currently feeding. I am not sure what offspring would be old/large enough by the fall - but I should have some stuff.

Might do it mid-fall - as that is the prettiest season out here - and anyone making the trip from a distance could also hit up some of the local state parks to see the gorges with a backdrop of autumn colors. There are also lots of wineries in the region.

Oz

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The front glass/acrylic doesn't always stay that clean -- but the room stays pretty organized otherwise. I am a bit obsessive about it - disorganization stresses me out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.