Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About a week ago I rearranged the frog room. It seems to make more sense this way and i really enjoy it, easy to keep clean and organized. I seem to spend way more time in here nowadays.

from room

now for the randoms...

fine spot leuc female

the males

green sip (looks to be male)

some of my citronella off spring I'm growing up (lost my male) hoping one of the two is male

Giant Orange (female)

Saul (female)

"Giant Regina"

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
awesome shots ! What camera you using? I dont think those are iphone photos like last time haha. You have some good looking frogs !

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thanks for the pics man very nice setup you have. These two pics have finally settled a long debate I have been having with myself, if I should go with exo or zoomed. Seeing them side by side and in use I can say that I like the zoomed better with the single pane door.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahah yeah I pulled out my cannon today...its a few years old, point n shoot Cannon S5 IS, super macro setting

tachikoma- I agree completely, unfortunately the guy i got my zoomed cubes from doesn't sell them n e more he only sell the x 24...I used to trade him 4 froglets for a tank seemed good to me

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to be honest it is about as sweet as a deal I was getting....20 bucks a froglet, Nice Find!!\

btw, is that a Cruziohyla Calcarifer in ur Avi?? I ask because Im about o start my next painting, which is a Calcarifer...

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
sweet thanks!...this is the photo Im using it will be 4' tall by 5' wide

took me a few hours to get all the proportions right...but Im ready to get started ASAP

immediately after posting this i found some more adjustments that needed to be made, thigh needed to be a bit thicker, back leg needed to be raised, back foot needed raised a little bit too, also the 2 toes on the back of the stick needed spread

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nice frog-shots! I'd spend a lot of time in that room, too.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look what these guys left me... second clutch looks to be a pretty little clutch Im hoping they are all good!

·
Registered
687 Posts
You do a very good job of catching the specular roughness on the highlights. little details like that are what make good painting turn into a great painting. As a fellow painter I can really appreciate the details you painstakingly put in. :)

BTW my rack has started thanks to you, all zoomeds!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finished The painting. Waiting for it to dry then Ill put a coat of Damar Varnish on and its out my door :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts