Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 30 extra high tank (24x12x24) be a good size tank for a maximum of 4 thumbnails? (vents, retics & imitators) each set of 4 having their own tank, the imitators at this point would be 2 in the tank.

They would have some levels of "land area" all the way up, in other words it would not be just one straight shot down to the bottom. Also this is for this moment. I know that when they grow up they will probably need to be paired off on their own. Please, I know that several of you have been successful with your thumbs, can you give me some information as to what they like tank wise, group wise etc. How old before they want or need to be on their own with a single mate etc. if you have had success with a group.

Would a 30 gallon tank (36x13x16) be a good size tank for a pair of tincs and a pair of galacts? Each pair having their own tank. My tincs do some climbing but not tons and the galacts go all over the place.

I really need some opinions on this as I need to get these tanks bought and started. Also, I don't want them to just be about to "fit" in the tanks, I want them to be comfortable and have the space that they need.

Thank you, your help is really, really, greatly appreciated.
Rhonda :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that 20-30gal is plenty. 10 gallons would be tight for 4 but i'd even say that may work aslong as you can fit enough broms that they may atleast have their own.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I think a 15gal high would be fine.

FrogByte11 said:
Would a 30 extra high tank (24x12x24) be a good size tank for a maximum of 4 thumbnails? (vents, retics & imitators) each set of 4 having their own tank, the imitators at this point would be 2 in the tank.

They would have some levels of "land area" all the way up, in other words it would not be just one straight shot down to the bottom. Also this is for this moment. I know that when they grow up they will probably need to be paired off on their own. Please, I know that several of you have been successful with your thumbs, can you give me some information as to what they like tank wise, group wise etc. How old before they want or need to be on their own with a single mate etc. if you have had success with a group.

Would a 30 gallon tank (36x13x16) be a good size tank for a pair of tincs and a pair of galacts? Each pair having their own tank. My tincs do some climbing but not tons and the galacts go all over the place.

I really need some opinions on this as I need to get these tanks bought and started. Also, I don't want them to just be about to "fit" in the tanks, I want them to be comfortable and have the space that they need.

Thank you, your help is really, really, greatly appreciated.
Rhonda :?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I had a trio (1:2) of tincs in a 30 gal and had few problems with female
aggression. It was a heavily planted tank with a stream and multiple bower locations. That being said, I think if you are going to keep pairs a 20 high would be great for your tincs.
Ed

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to thank you all for your responses. I decided to go with 20 high.
The greatest thing is

:!: :!: I HAVE THE GREATEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD :!: :!:

Sorry, I just had to say that :D

My husband bought me 6 - 20 high tanks, 6 - glass lids, 6 - Repti-Flo 250 pumps and 6 - CoraLife Freshwater Compact Fluorescent light strips.

These are for all of my thumbnails, a pair of tincs and a pair of galacts. Then, when I get them done, he is going to build me a shelf system to put them all on. So, needless to say I will have plenty to do for a while :shock:

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and to share my good news :D
Rhonda

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, dang it! I wish I could edit :cry: I meant to add that he bought me all of this for Mother's Day :D
Rhonda

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
shoot, when was Mother's day?

Anyways, that's awesome that you got all those tanks, wish somebody would buy me a few tanks, lids, and lighting.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
May 9th.. thanx for reminding me. I completely forgot about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts