Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm totally going to try it. I have cultivated several varieties of mushrooms in the past and its not difficult at all. Humidity is crucial, clean environment is important and substrate is important because mycelium will break down all the organic matter that it can get ahold of. I have read others concerns about spores and how they may effect frogs but on the other hand people have mushrooms pop up all the time.

Sure would be awesome to see at night though!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm totally going to try it. I have cultivated several varieties of mushrooms in the past and its not difficult at all. Humidity is crucial, clean environment is important and substrate is important because mycelium will break down all the organic matter that it can get ahold of. I have read others concerns about spores and how they may effect frogs but on the other hand people have mushrooms pop up all the time.

Sure would be awesome to see at night though!
I think you should do it. And let all of us know how it goes. I ordered some from that company but I got cold feet and ask for a refund. They refunded me my money ASAP.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, but nobody has done it and reported back how well it worked or didn't work. I would like to see pics of them growing in somebody's viv and how long they lasted.
I know they will last around a week. I ordered some just to check them out. They say to use the "log" method which is similar to portabelo and shitake which is the easiest method. I will let you know how they go. I'm just going to grow them in a viv by them selves at first to see how they go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know they will last around a week. I ordered some just to check them out. They say to use the "log" method which is similar to portabelo and shitake which is the easiest method. I will let you know how they go. I'm just going to grow them in a viv by them selves at first to see how they go.
Please keep me posted on how it is going and post some pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts