Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've got my 46 bowfront set up full of various plant species, driftwood, leaves, and a colony of establishing tropical springtails. I chose for my first tank not to use a water feature nor a bark/foam background. I'm now only struggling with the decision of which type of frog I would like to get first. :rolleyes: (Knowing more tanks will follow...) I've been looking at getting either a pair of Surinam Cobalts or a pair of Leucs (likely to later build the number of leucs into a small group). I'm attracted to the call the leucs make, but I, otherwise, have equal interest in both species. Does anyone with similar interest have experiences to share? I'm posting pics of my tank, realizing that the set-up may be friendlier for one species over another.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Nice! With that size vivarium I'd go with leucomelas. I have 3 in my 46 gallon bowfront and they seem quite happy. Im getting a weekly clutch of eggs and the 2 mails call back and forth all day. While Cobalts are very nice frogs, I think you should save the cobalts for a 20g or 29g and use the 46 for a frog species that can live in a group.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a picture of the entire tank. I'm sorry for the poor quality of all the pics. I lost the cable that connects my camera to my computer, so I'm using my cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice looking viv!
I agree a group frog would do well there. Little big for just a pair.
Beyond that it's mostly personal preference but yes Leucs would be a great choice.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Luecs would love that tank.
I would put another coco hut up high as well. I have 2 huts in my luec viv and the majority of the time they use the cocohut that is higher up. Also, would recomend more leaf litter. Moss may look nice to you but the frogs would prefer a thick layer of leaf litter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts