Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Azureus, Imitator Varadero, Blue Jeans
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on re-planting this 7.5 gallon tank I built a couples months back. Some of the broms are nice but I feel that they will outgrow it very quickly. I'm always on the search for fascinating new plants. I keep two ranitomeya varaderos in here. It's a smaller tank so if anyone has any great smaller plant recommendations, send em this way!

Attachments

·
Registered
E. Anthonyii Santa Isabels
145 Posts
Oh no, 7.5 gallons for two frogs? 10 gallons is pushing it for a pair of imitators...that was my original build and intent, but I rethought that plan. 7.5 is kind of too small for even one imitator (or maybe any adult frog?) I haven’t seen recommendations anywhere for less than 10, even for tiny ones.

Like, it’s a cute tank for a grow out, but you’re going to have to get something larger for your frogs long-term.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Based on everything I’ve read, that does seem way too small for adult frogs.

That aside, I will always recommend mini Sinningias. Epidendrum porpax is a very easy mini orchid that would do well on the background. Masdevallia erinacea is one of the tiniest Masdies, with cute fuzzy flowers, and IME more tolerant of drying out than other Masdies. Neoregelia liliputiana is a brom that should stay small enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts