Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
try sean stewart

Sean had Bakhuis morphs available for quite a while. You might check in with him to see if he still has any. His website is http://www.herpetologic.net. You might see it as a banner on this site since he is one of the sponsors.

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
Wow bills got some nakitas. He was supposed to call me. Guess I better get down there.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Rare tincts

We imported a shipment of tinctorius from Suriname last August and had to ship all 70 frogs back. The reason we were given from F&W is that CITES suspects Suriname is fudging the quotas on tincts. Even though all the paperwork was correct and the exporter is a recognized breeder of tinctorius and is permitted to ship cb frogs. Plus the quota for the year was about 50% used including our shipment. The exporter checked with CITES and no problems exist. In a nutshell the authorities do what they please.

The same exporter was shipping tincts to Asia with a stop here in Miami. F&W told him if the shipment landed on US soil they would confiscate the whole thing.

So the point is no more wc tincts are coming in. All the tincts may become rare in the coming years if the ones here are not managed properly. This is the same thing that happened with Nicaragua, no more blue jeans or green and black auratus from there. Thousands of pumilio were imported to the US over the years. How many people are still working with those original lines, very few. The vermin frogs of today will be worth more money when there are less to go around. Just look at tricolors.

Marcus Breece of Simply Natural Dart Frogs imported a lot of the newer morphs. He produces F1 froglets of the following: nikita, citronella, cobalts, alanis, infer alanis, patricia, sips, yellowbacks, new river, kutari river, lorenzo, table mtn., and olemarie.

If anyone is interested in some tincts let me know.

Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I've found another vendor of bakhuis online as well, but he doesn't guarantee live arrival. If I'm going to be spending several hundred dollars on frogs, I want to make sure they don't arrive DOA.

G

·
0 Posts
Nakitas are basically a smaller form of citronellas adults tend to be just bigger than brazillian cobalt also they usually have more black spots on their back and often have yellow bracelets on front legs. Mainly adult size though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts