Dendroboard banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone on the board keep/breed the rarer types of galacts. Like moonshine, or koi or something? I'm starting to get into galacts a lot. Right now I have orange and reds. I'm just curious how many people are into the more rare ones.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I know a couple private hobbyists that have Moonshine galacs. Black Jungle has them as well. They court but no eggs. They're definitely trying hard though.

Sean Stewart has bred Koi galacs but his said his frogs are older now and no longer breeding. I think he was the first person to breed galacs in the US.

I've seen some Galact pictures online that blow my mind though. Some koi out there are just really crazy looking frogs!

Moonshines are really neat. When I first saw them I thought they were small mint terribilis. Once you realize they're not after a minute you can tell they're different. Very cool frogs though! Galacs are tough because they're hard to breed and the weird ones are even harder I'm sure. I am always surprised when I see people selling tons of the common varieties. I'm sure even those aren't easy to breed yet people keep supplying them.

Someone post some cool pictures if you have any of these!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I just picked up a probable pair of moonshines and looking to get in touch with others who have singletons or multiples. I would say I def have a female, just not sure on the other. I got them at frog Day, so only had them a week.

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
I may be misremembering but I thought the "Koi" galactonotus were simply selected for that pattern from other stock in much the same way the fine spot azureus were..

Ed

Reactions: srrrio

·
Registered
61 Posts
uf, I have the same picture of this frog, in my office:D I love it!
Maybe someone else have another picture of peacock tinc?
greetings from Slovenia (europe---->near Italy :p)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.