Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my first frogs back in January of 2011 from ladyfaile15, a group of ventrimaculata that were about a year old. I started with a 12x12x18 but quickly upgraded to their current home which is an 18x18x24. I have five adults which I believe are 2.3 but could be 1.4.
End of February I noticed the following

Since I was new at darts I decided not to attempt to pull the eggs but to see what would happen on their own. Most of the eggs started to form tadpoles and slowly disappeared. I decided to put down a few small cups to see if they would lay in the new water. After a couple week I saw this...

A couple days later I noticed a tad in the cup I had put in the tank.

All the while the frogs kept at it

By July the tadpole starts to take on color

August, almost full color and 4 legs

Losing its tail

8/16 Out of the water

And today my first chance to catch it eating

I have to say Dart frogs are easy, the reproduce in captivity with no help at all....
just kidding, not quite sure why it went so well for me the first time but it has been a great experience. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great job! ha ive been waiting for someone to do this for R Ventrimaculata cause i have some of my own and wanted to see the process. My first eggs went bad when i pulled the but i just had 7 more layed last week and all are doing great but 3 of them molded :/. Next time im just going to leave them in their like you did.
Thanks for the video and pics!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This thread, although outdated, still serves a good purpose. Since someone else revived it I will mention that these frogs are now within amazonica, not ventrimaculata. This was published HERE
and is 10 months younger than this OP.

Reactions: SuperFastSlug
1 - 8 of 8 Posts