Dendroboard banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
I leave all my Ranitomeya in with the parents. I'm raising a group of 22 leucomelas tads (about half morphed now), and really, really appreciate frogs that raise their own kids. :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I leave all my Ranitomeya in with the parents. I'm raising a group of 22 leucomelas tads (about half morphed now), and really, really appreciate frogs that raise their own kids. :)
Nice! I don't have that option with my R. Uakarii, unfortunately.

Any future Ranitomeya that I get need to rear their own kids ;-)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've recently changed up the lighting and misting for this tank. I switched to a less bright light which is an led plant light, but the floodlight bulb style. I've Increased the misting schedule as well. The frogs are much more visible now than they used to be. They hide a lot less and spend way more time foraging for food.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Found another 3-5 eggs today, 3 of them for sure look good. Going to leave these with the parents. I'm interested to see the parental care
I actually ended up pulling the tadpoles yesterday. I decided I didn't really want to have to hunt for them when it's time for them to get rehomed.

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
I actually ended up pulling the tadpoles yesterday. I decided I didn't really want to have to hunt for them when it's time for them to get rehomed.
Had the tads started eating eggs yet? I ask because I had read that switching them off eggs sometimes doesn't work (that is, the tads stop eating). I'd be curious to have more info on whether that is true.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Re: Ranitomeya sirensis "rio pachitea yellow"

Had the tads started eating eggs yet? I ask because I had read that switching them off eggs sometimes doesn't work (that is, the tads stop eating). I'd be curious to have more info on whether that is true.
I'm not sure, I'd seen the frogs climbing around the tadpole water dishes but nothing I associated as egg laying We'll see how it turns out :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Re: Ranitomeya sirensis "rio pachitea yellow"

2 more tads today, deposited into cups of water by the male

And see one of the adults foraging for food.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts