Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1.2 born in captivity in the UE.
I wonder why that is a little sort maintained, I like to meet people who maintain and work with flavos that such results are still in the keeping and breeding.
I can not talk much about them as it only took two days watching them.
A greeting and will post photos soon.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Very nice frogs! This is a very underrated species. Love the belly shot too! I wish you good luck with them!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reactions: Arkaitz

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Here there is someone who breeds flavos. I can not tell more. They are less popular than others thumbs maybe because they are pricey. Very nice frogs! Congrats

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a friend of mine breeds Flavovittata in masses.

they are quite easy to keep from what I've heard.
I keep them as my imitator, if your friend is having success congratulations!
Could you tell me if keeping as the imitator, I'm doing well?

Thank you very much everyone for the support.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I keep them as my imitator, if your friend is having success congratulations!
Could you tell me if keeping as the imitator, I'm doing well?

Thank you very much everyone for the support.
First, your flavos are beautiful :D

Second, These frogs are closely related to vanzolinii (I think) and should be kept in a similar way. I keep my vanzos exactly the same as my imitators so I see no problem with your conditions.

…….I really want those frogs…….

Reactions: Arkaitz

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First, your flavos are beautiful :D

Second, These frogs are closely related to vanzolinii (I think) and should be kept in a similar way. I keep my vanzos exactly the same as my imitators so I see no problem with your conditions.

…….I really want those frogs…….
You're right, they are related.
I will continue as before and any questions or novelty I will publish without fail.
I also love the vanzos, at this rate I will have only yellow frogs with black : (
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Just PM Phil Tan, he has been working with them for a very long time..
Very true! Phil has definitely been working with them for a while. I've seen his frog room and he has some very pretty thumbnails. I actually got both my imis and vanzos from him. :D

Does he check PMs? I usually communicate through email as I don't see him on here often.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a 2.2 group. They are one of my favorite ranitomeya.

Very arboreal- Only really coming down to the leaf litter to eat. I keep them similar to my imitators and vanzolinii. But no male/male agression like the imis. They will deposit eggs for the tads to eat if you leave them in the tank but of course you can raise them yourself too.

As Jason mentioned, it is a very underated frog. I mean who doesn't like purple and lime green on a frog?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Very arboreal- Only really coming down to the leaf litter to eat. I keep them similar to my imitators and vanzolinii. But no male/male agression like the imis. They will deposit eggs for the tads to eat if you leave them in the tank but of course you can raise them yourself too.

As Jason mentioned, it is a very underated frog. I mean who doesn't like purple and lime green on a frog?
Thank you very much to give these details I appreciate.
Among females tolerance is normal?
Or signs of dominance?

·
Registered
835 Posts

Purple and lime green?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts