Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Colombian, pretty sure any specimans in captivity would be of questionable origin. One of my personal favorites, unfortunately a species I will never get to work with.
Aww, that's unfortunate. If the rumors about Colombia opening up are true, could it be a possibility that you would get a chance to work with them?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
At least the video appears to have been taken in nature. Very nice looking frog! Thanks for sharing!

JBear

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Is this a subspecies of R. bombetes? This is a frog I would really like to work with! (In my dreams...)

JBear
No, that looks like the anchicaya frog, which is a naturally ocurring hybrid between histos and lehmanni. I believe it is a yellow lehmanni and a redhead histo, but I'm not 100% sure about the specifics.
Bryan

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
No, that looks like the anchicaya frog, which is a naturally ocurring hybrid between histos and lehmanni. I believe it is a yellow lehmanni and a redhead histo, but I'm not 100% sure about the specifics.
Bryan
Damn.... I don't want that... Thanks Bryan! The image was lumped into a google image search, and was titled R. bombetes, I was hoping it was legit, oh well!
JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Bryan
Leave it to me to desire 2 of the most rarely kept frogs in the hobby in hybrid form.... What a fool I am! :eek:

JBear

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Leave it to me to desire 2 of the most rarely kept frogs in the hobby in hybrid form.... What a fool I am! :eek:

JBear
No I think lots of people wouldn't mind getting the chance to have some. I like almost all of the histos and sylvatica morphs, hopefully someday I'll be able to work with some.
The bombetes is also cool looking, it would be nice to see them come in eventually.
Bryan

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah came acros the movie while searching a bit. and it was a species of ranitomeya i never heared about so i was curious if they were available in the states.
if they are going to be imported is the question. after a long search i came on some info, and they seem to be a dangered species if they aren't extinct by now.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
yeah came acros the movie while searching a bit. and it was a species of ranitomeya i never heared about so i was curious if they were available in the states.
if they are going to be imported is the question. after a long search i came on some info, and they seem to be a dangered species if they aren't extinct by now.
they are, of course, being sold in the EU, for about $1K each.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EU stands for europe?
and $1K stands for?
i'm not formiliar with some exprecions.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts