Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting photos of the three Ranitomeya amazonica (Todd Kelly line) purchased at Microcosm 2013. Wombat014 and I now have 9 froglets and several tadpoles from this trio. We currently have the trio housed in a 10 gallon vertical tank. The froglets are housed in 128 oz. plastic containers purchased from Josh's Frogs.

Here are the adults: Jackie, Manny, and Moe.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really like amazonica, congratulations and good luck with the offspring.
This line is the nominal morph?
Could you comment on whether the tolerance between the 2 females is good?
Regards.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Regards.
They are an excellent frog to group. I've never witnessed any problems between male to male or between female to female.

Reactions: Arkaitz

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Nice frogs. I think they may have stayed with me for a while before you got them. :) I recognize the spots on the female's back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Regards.
As far as I know, this is the nominal morph. There are 2 males and 1 female in this group. I've seen a little aggression between the two males with a little wrestling but that happens very rarely. The younger male ,Moe, has become more dominant over time as he has matured but as a whole they get along pretty well as a group.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Anyone else have experience with BOTH the Todd Kelly Line Amazonica, AND the Understory Iquitos? I found my Kelly Amazonica to be much bolder than my Understory Iquitos and I'm curious if anyone else has noticed the same.

·
Registered
752 Posts
My Kelly Amazonica are pretty bold, and far more terrestrial than expected. They are almost never out of the leaf litter on the nice BG I created and planted for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts