Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to keep humidity at 60-70 consistently the past few months but for some reason no matter how much I spray, i cannot get it above 35. And if I do, its for about 2 hours. I don't know if it's the winter or something but even at higher Temps in the room, it stagnates at 40. I also changed out substrate about 2 weeks ago so idk if it could be I didn't put enough/not enough. I use an analog hygrometer inside the tank and a digital hygrometer at the top of the tank at the screen door. They both are about the same measurement. The soil is visibly moist even at 30 percent. Theres not really an easy way to block off parts of the screen (though I can do it if truly necessary). Any tips?

·
Registered
89 Posts
These inside tank humidity meters are hot garbage. I mean they break very quick.

Did you by any chance turn on the radiator in your house? this dries out the air.

What type of tank do you have? With the exo terras it is needed to block of about 75% of the screen top.

I don't have a humidity meter inside my tank. I just look at the behavior of my frogs and give them different wet and dry zones to regulate their body moisture.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Are your plants still green? It's basically impossible for one of our tanks to be that low in humidity. Especially if you're misting often. If your plants are thriving and your frogs aren't hiding in the leaves or bromeliad axles, then your humidity is probably fine.

Reactions: Robru
1 - 5 of 5 Posts