Dendroboard banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I dont know the scientific names for anacharis and hornwort. Sometimes anacharis is called Elodea.

Anacharis is very edible for tads. But pull out and discard it if it turns dark and becomes slimy. Useless then.

Hornwort is a good enrichment tool and provides a nice cloud of floating cover.
That sounds good. Still trying to find a seller who says “without pesticides”. :rolleyes: crazy how we humans (I don’t include all of us) damage wildlife…

thanks for all of your answers!

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
I dont know if thats what it is, they dont sell java like that here but I know they use it for cut plants.

Maybe you should try another source for it.

Reactions: Loba85

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I’ll wait for the reply of the seller and let it sit somewhere else. Other sellers sell it in jelly too.
Tad calmed down as soon as I removed the moos. He usually has some “crazy 10 minutes”, but this was more like “crazy 3 hours + “ and he barely ate. It seemed obsessive as he took the same route over and over again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So, the vendor replied it’s a “water gel”, nothing artificial, no polymers.
Maybe the hyperactive behavior of the tad was coincidental - it didn’t look like healthy behavior. He showed this behavior exclusively with the moos being inside the water. So weird. I’ll try to reintroduce it very slowly.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts