Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What does it take to make a rain chamber? I'm getting a trio of Red rain frogs (ornate hoppers) What would be the best rain set-up for them?

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you go on youtube and type in rain chamber, you'll get tons of ideas.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Hi,

What does it take to make a rain chamber? I'm getting a trio of Red rain frogs (ornate hoppers) What would be the best rain set-up for them?
Rainchambers don't work for this species, since they don't experience much rain, instead getting seasonal flooding in the canyons they inhabit. You would be better of flooding their existing tank with 3-5" of water supplemented with rift cichlid formula, while giving them enough room to climb above the water line, like they would in the wild.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rainchambers don't work for this species, since they don't experience much rain, instead getting seasonal flooding in the canyons they inhabit. You would be better of flooding their existing tank with 3-5" of water supplemented with rift cichlid formula, while giving them enough room to climb above the water line, like they would in the wild.
Thank you Mantis. I'll go with this method then. Red "rain" frog is very misleading...haha.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Also keep in mind that like most narrow mouth species they tend to be explosive breeders which congregate in groups around suitable mating spots. Three are probably not a big enough number to simulate that social dynamic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts