Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
913 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of using rain water as well. I use aged tap and distilled as of right now. I just don't like buying so much water :) . There are these big tubs you can get that have spikets, and can be attached together to make avery large reservoir. But these can get kind of expensive so I never bought any. I was talking to a friend and he just got cheap trashcans and made his own system using them. Maybe he could post something about his set up and experiene with rainwater (some homework for you jon lol)?

I live in a city and wouldn't use my rain water, but my parents live in the suburbs so I would set mine out there if I did it. How bad is it that we can't consider the rain to be clean, safe, or healthy enough... says a lot about how things are.

· Registered
913 Posts
test first

True, and I would suggest doing some tests with the rain water before investing any money in it or even worse any frogs lol. Scott, do you know of any specific things we should look for in the water (you said Nitrogen, but at what level is it harmful)? Or should I contact Brent about all of this, as I have to email him anyways?[/quote]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.