Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Magdrive pump model 1.5 and need the water to run up to the rain bar that is 2 ft high. Do you think this pump would work? It seems to be struggling a little.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
136 Posts
WOW i just looked at a list of these pumps and the head hights but cant for the life of me find it again Ill see what i can find.

·
Registered
995 Posts
HUH I cant find that chart but I found another.
Mag drive pumps are decent in pumping here is what I found about.
Danner Supreme Mag-Drive pump

0' = 140 GPM
1' = 120 GPM
2' = 80 GPM
3' = 60 GPM
4' = 40 GPM
5' = 30 GPM
6' = Shut off

Reference
Danner Supreme Mag-Drive Aquarium Water Pump/Powerhead

GL

i think you mean:

0' = Shut off
1' = 30 GPM
2' = 40 GPM
3' = 60 GPM
4' = 80 GPM
5' = 120 GPM
6' = 140 GPM

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hear Fluval is good and afordable.
The power heads look like a flat edge were the water is spit out but I was told by the aquarium store guy (Not Petco or petsmart but actual Marine and tropical store) that the fluval can be rearanged with included pieces to be a submersible pump.
I dont recal the exact model I do know it was 24.99 and he said it could pump up to 3'
just look around online for Mini Submersible water pump and in the specs look for GPH and Head hight.
I dont know the tube size ur planning but I would imagin if your making some sort of rain dripper system your going to want at somewere around 400+ GPH (keep in mind these dont create a lot of presure)
Also I belive after about 600GPH your nolonger gona find a Mini Sub Water pump Mini is roughtly 4"x4"x4" after that they just water pumps.

Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you guys for the help! Do any of you know of a good pump that could reach 2 ft high?
Depends on what size tubing you need and how much space you have to work with. A small laguna pond pump would work fine, a Maxi Jet 1200 would probably work fine. The Mag Drive you listed would be fine (just alot bigger housing-wise).

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have a MJ1200 that pushes water about 2 1/2' to my water fall. I actually had to turn it down because at full bore it was way to much and sprayed water all over the viv. They are pretty strong little power heads. I would think though that the Mag-drive 1.5 should be strong enough to do what you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts