Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what depth do most people look for in the shelving at lowes or Home depot? 18" 24" or other?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
That would really depend on what you have room for (how narrow the room is), and the size of the vivaria you want on the rack. At home, I use exo terras, so I went with an 18" rack. At work, we use 24" racks, because we use 20H vivariums, with the skinny side facing front.

·
Registered
774 Posts
in that case..... send me extra magnets in my next order. I am starting a collection on my fridge! i have 7 so far lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
I work at Joshsfrogs. :D Best job in the world - I get to do what I love, and I get paid for it!
Thatd be an amazing job! id kill for a job like that!!

in that case..... send me extra magnets in my next order. I am starting a collection on my fridge! i have 7 so far lol
hahaha me too i have 7-8. My wife is a teacher and wants to cut them up and glue them to the back of posters and such i was like uhhhh NO

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
room size is not an issue...I have a empty 10ft x 11ft room to work with.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have 18" deep tanks, but I went with the 24" racks from Lowes... the heavy duty ones... I did the extra 6 inches so I can fit things behind the rack and out of view... such as a fogger that I have and all the cords and what not. Also, with how heavy the tanks can be, I have small children and was worried about them climbing and it tipping over on them... the 24" feels a lot more stable and a lot less likely to fall than an 18 I use to have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts