Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Our male vent has been calling for the past two weeks, and I finally caught it this morning on video. You can see his belly move on the lower leaf with each call.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Rob. It's been quite lovely to hear him sing for the past few days. I have prepared a few laying egg sites in their viv. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well.... A few weeks back, there were eggs. Now.... We have tadpoles!!!!!!!!!!!

We saw two tads on the male's back. On the brom. I will try and take pics, but that might be difficult as I do not want to stress them out....

E.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
very nice ! My vent male has been calling for the past month but still no signs of eggs :( Hopefully it will happen sometime........

Congrats on yours !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
very nice ! My vent male has been calling for the past month but still no signs of eggs :( Hopefully it will happen sometime........

Congrats on yours !
Thanks Brian. My male called for a good two months before I saw some eggs. Of course, I also heard much longer calling before any signs of eggs. Good luck and keep me postedé

Eric

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Rodyll's are my favorite Vents.

You'll have to let us know if they egg feed. I've been under the impression that Vents do not?

s
Correct, vents do not provide trophic eggs to their tadpoles. However, they will lay future clutches of fertile eggs and deposit tads in water where there already are tads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts