Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago I went to the New England Reptile Expo and purchased two R. variabilis "southern" from Black Jungle Exotics. I was under the impression they were both juveniles based on my discussion with the person tending the table.

Over this last week I have seen one of them calling from a bromeliad a bunch of different times and it seems like the other one is responding as it often comes to the bromeliad. The two of them spend a lot of time together in the bromeliad in general regardless of calling. Does this imply that one is female and one is male? Or would a juvenile male potentially respond to a calling male? I know that males will call before they are actually mature but I was still surprised to see one of them calling so soon after I brought them home.

Sorry this post was all over the place, this was half because I had questions and half because I just wanted to share my excitement!

·
Super Moderator
2,926 Posts
I think you will just have to wait and see what happens. I think that behavior is a good sign, but you won't know for certain until they actually breed for you. Way better than them fighting, though!

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts