Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got some R lamasi green leg froglets from Daryl at NARBC. See pics and viv here.

It seems, from what I can find, that green legged, orange, and panguana, are all from the panguana locality. Am I correct?

If this is true, what are the thoughts on having breeding groups containing multiple color varieties? It seems that if they naturally breed in the wild, maintaining them separately is a form of selection and limiting genetic variability. If they interbreed in the wild that is.

Thoughts?

Cheers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wouldn't mix them.
I think that it would have to be proven that they all definitely came from the same population, not just the same region. There may be seperate populations all within the Panguana area, some may interbreed naturally, and some may not. I don't think that the Panguana morphs came in with any specific site data, other than "Panguana". There may not be any way to get that data now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking... We probably couldn't get that information for a lot of the lines that are already within the hobby, but in the future, if more were collected and multiple variants all came from the same geographical population, a "variety" tank may be an option.

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts