Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, so heres my problem... I just received two R. Lamasi green and had them breeding with developing eggs in the first week. My plan was to keep them in the terrarium so the male and female could care for the tads, unfortunately on saturday my female escaped somehow from the terrarium and was found that evening. It has devastated me and my plan. I decided for the sake of the tadpoles that they be removed from terrarium to continue developing. It has been roughly two weeks because I don't really know when they were fertilized. They look like they have great development but I don't know how I should go about from here. They are still in the egg mass but movement is minimal. Are they finishing developing and then become more active or are the slowly dying because they haven't been removed from the mass, and when (or if) they break through what is the best food supplement?:confused: I have been keeping them on the brom cuttings on a saturated paper towel to keep humidity up. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I will miss my frantic fantastic female lamasi. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much. I do have one question that might have been vaguely answered in the data sheet, but in the later stages of development is it alright to partially submerge the eggs, or just enough so they can break through easier?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I usually have the water level right almost to the tip the egg but not fully submerged. as long as theres enough for the tad to break away from the egg and swim freely in the petri dish.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I didn't specify, green legged. And yes, it was very upsetting. P.S. thanks for all the help, my tadpoles are waterborne.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts