Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I wrote in my introduction post, my long term aim is to nurse R. imitator.

Recommended tank sizes differ greatly from source to source (10G to 25G with 24'' in height).

From what I read, it is generally recommended to keep only one pair per tank due to their monogamy.
Which tank size would you recommend from your experience? (And I don't mean the minimum viable size) Would there be a tank size to keep even 2 pairs without stressing each other?

·
Registered
722 Posts
My personal opinion would be a 18 cube or a 20H/29g. You could keep just about any with enough space. At this point I would just do a pair and get used to their behavior.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi S2G,

thanks for your response!

I have to admit, I am not very used to US unites.
So, for what stands the H in 20H ? are that 20'' in height?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi S2G,

thanks for your response!

I have to admit, I am not very used to US unites.
So, for what stands the H in 20H ? are that 20'' in height?
20H means 20 gallon tank but in the "high" configuration. We also have 20L, which means 20 gallons but in the "long" configuration.

heres one with what we call them, inches and centimeters:
Standard Tank Sizes

but my opinion is give any frogs the biggest tank you possibly can...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I keep 4(or more) immy's in a 18X18X24. They enjoy the little bit of extra height. I haven't seen any aggression yet. Give them plenty of cover so they can have that visual barrier.

If you get a pair you'll have more than two in their sooner or later. I left the last few eggs with them and they were raising the tads on their own. Now I've found 3 eggs and one tad this last week. I'm sure the tads they were raising are now little frogs and I need to hunt them down, or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts