Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally felt comfortable putting my group of 4 R. fantasticus (todd kelly line) in their permanent home! See link for construction/update photos http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/66705-47-column-r-fantasticus.html Looks like i totally scored and possibly have a 2.2 ratio! The females have been establishing breeding sites and the males have been claiming territories already. Hopefully the next updates will be eggs/tadpoles/metamorphs :)

Enjoy the photos!

Both girls chasing each other around the bottom (don't mind the moss chunk on her side ;) )

The male chilling on the Marcgravia sp.

I can't believe how bold they have been, the smaller male hangs out on the front middle branch, and doesn't even take off when I reach my arm in to wipe the front glass. These are truly my favorite species of darts

Ed Parker

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sweet Ed! Let me know when you get some froglets ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Those guys are gonna live better than most of us in our homes!!! Beautiful frogs and viv :).

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they have not been shy at all. I have reached my arm in and wiped the glass off without spooking them. 9 times out of 10 I can walk up to the viv and find all 4 frogs, and watch them for a while. They have been extremely bold.

Suprisingly enough to me, the top half of the viv is getting around 80 - 82 degrees in the evening due to the lights and the orientation of my frog room, and this is the temperature they have been preferring to hang out in. I thought for sure they would appreciate the cooler side of the temps..... I kept my previous trio at a max of 76degF.... shouldn't the peruvian species like the cooler side of the temp range???

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few more shots of the inhabitants!

Yeah, that just happened..... Its a full moon tonight!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Yes it is a full moon! I was blinded twice. I was blinded the first time I saw it and then a second time on my double take. You don't give your frogs tp in your vivs? Thats like less than a one star hotel. JK. Sweet setup and beautiful frogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts