Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this before? I want to buy some and experiment with it, but I don't know how much to get. It comes in 8oz 16oz and 12 lbs at Vivarium concepts. I'd like to know what you can make with 8oz? I'm thinking I would really like more than 16oz, but the 12 lbs is 66 dollars.
I dont suppose anyone in southern Ohio would want to split a 12lb bag? I'll pay for it and sell/trade half of it for 1/2 the total cost.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but it doesn't seem very cost effective. Especially with shipping.

-Tad

·
Registered
793 Posts
That just seems overpriced to me. Granted, i know nothing about mortar, but i'm pretty sure the bricklayers don't pay that much.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not regular mortar.

its quick dry mortar for use in aquariums. *shrug*

-tad

·
Registered
893 Posts
It may seem a bit high priced but you must consider the cost of your frogs not to mention plants and or any emotional impact of losing the above. I've been looking for similar products to do molding of cliffs and am thinking of trying this and/or a product I found on E Bay formulated for the military its much cheaper but not tried and true. If I try either I'll post the results. I've tried other casting materials but most are not waterproof and/or able to be colored in some fashion without an extra material to coat it with. If anyone has a better product let us know

Thabks Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts