Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an "Advanced" Mistking system that uses the 3/8" backbone set up which basically consists of 3/8" tubing coming from the pump and 1/4" tubing that branches off the 3/8" backbone to the mist nozzles. My question is about the zip drip valve itself. Does the return tubing come from the 3/8 tube or from the 1/4 tubing? I'm guessing I will probably be making a complete loop with the 3/8 from the pump, around the frog room and back to the zip drip valve but wanted to make sure before I ordered the zip drip and found out I needed a 3/8-1/4 reducer fitting or any other parts.
Their website has a great diagram of the standard 1/4" tubing and how to connect it to the zip drip but the 3/8 diagram does not show how to set it up.

Does this look right?

·
Registered
180 Posts
That diagram is good no matter what tubbing size you are issuing.
Not sure if the zip drip will work 100% as you changing the tubbing size from 3/8 to 1/4.
Other can chime in.
I must say I have in one very a zip drip and it still drops a little after shut-off, not so much as without the zip drip but on my other very where I don't have one it doesn't bother me a bit if it drips or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It should be working either way. Depends what kind of Zip Drip do you have. I also have the backbone system, but I have a 1/4" Zip Drip, so I had to assemble the whole system with 1/4 tubing using proper reduction pieces. It's important to have the same misting nozzles in all terrariums, otherwise it will create difference in pressure and nozzles will drip even with a Zip Drip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts