Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new and have some questions about products for vivarium setups. I would like to know what products are durable and actually work.

Has anyone used the exo terra Monsoon misting unit?

Pros or cons of this product?

What about the zoomed repti fogger?

Pros or cons?

If anyone has these or have used them could you pls comment on how they work and if you would suggest buy or using these products in your own vivarium.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say forget about them both and just get a mist king set up. If ,however, you are dead set on a fogger, its quite a bit cheaper to just get a humidifier from craigslist or some other avenue. It will probably out perform the fogger you mentioned as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would say forget about them both and just get a mist king set up. If ,however, you are dead set on a fogger, its quite a bit cheaper to just get a humidifier from craigslist or some other avenue. It will probably out perform the fogger you mentioned as well.
I second that as well. Marty at mistking now sells a starter kit that is 99 dollars. it really is a top notch system, the zipdrip valve and the seconds timer work great for me and the mist is really fine. I set mines to 8x a day, misting 10 seconds at a time.

don't even waste your money on the other products. a fogger is nice, but it's more for aesthetics. There is a benefit to having a fogger (increasing relative humidity), but IMO that same benefit is much easier achieved with a good misting system.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I second that as well. Marty at mistking now sells a starter kit that is 99 dollars. it really is a top notch system, the zipdrip valve and the seconds timer work great for me and the mist is really fine. I set mines to 8x a day, misting 10 seconds at a time.
forgot to mention that i actually use the ultimate misting system from mistking, not the starter kit. the pump for the ultimate misting system works just fine for me and i run about 18 nozzles over several rows of tanks. I have no experience working with the starter kit, but im sure it will suit your purposes just fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to check that out. How loud is the pump when it turns on? I used to have a saltwater tank and loud pumps suck unless you have them hiding in a closet. I definitely want to make sure it quiet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will have to check that out. How loud is the pump when it turns on? I used to have a saltwater tank and loud pumps suck unless you have them hiding in a closet. I definitely want to make sure it quiet.
I just bought the starter kit so ill do a test run tomorrow and give you the results.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
The mistking system is very quiet but the hoses can vibrate when running. If you leave the hoses loose, they vibrate against the tanks and rack, causing some noise. Secure them with tie wraps, etc, and the system is very quiet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts