Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
originally i was going to put mantellas in here and asked about it on kingsnake forum and recieved no replies....luckily i found this forum which seems to be much more active. I have now decided to put some D. leucomelas in here. Its a 13x13x26H" All-Glass 15 gallon "designer." Its got a 7" 10000k compact flourecent bulb from AH supply. Great Stuff/ Bed-A-Beast background and a half cork tube water fall and 2 cork tube planters in the back ground. peat moss substarate with ground moss from black jungle. Let me know what you think....Im wondering if this will be enough space for a pair of leucs. ive heard they like to climb making them ideal for this tank. i was also wondering if the soil in everyone elses vivs is always wet...i mean i should have good drainage with one inch of gravel the the false bottom...im also wondering what type of medium people keep their creeping figs in...ive lost 2 so far, the leaves just fall right off i think its from all the water dripping off the waterfall and its just overwatering the fig...any soulutions? i have it placed in the area it is because i want it to grow up the back wall but they keep dieing on me. i may plant some in the cork planter on the back wall as you can see in the birdseye photo i already have one vine in their and it seems to be doing well....sorry for the long post i just really want this to be an ideal tank...also forgot to mention i will be setting up a mr. moisture misting system to mist it once a day with distilled water (i used tap water when it was my red eye tree frogs tank and couldnt seem to get off the water deposits..its been washed in 1/10 bleach/water soulution and thoroughly rinsed since then) thanks a lot everyone heres a link to the pics!

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?user=4308&cat=500

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice tank. A 15 will house a pair of leucs with no problems. I keep mine in a regular 10, so they don't have much room to climb, but I know that others have their leucs climb a bit more. I could give them some more ground space for them or at least some more levels in the "upper canopy" for them to hang out at.

As for the fig you could try planting it to the side of the waterfall so it doesn't get drenched. It will work it's way over. Putting it in the planter wouldn't be so bad either. Be careful of the pothos vine you have in there now.. It will take over everything if you don't keep it pruned.

-Ben

·
Registered
986 Posts
That's a great sized tank for leuc's! I will second Ben's comment about the pothos, but as long as you keep trimming it, that's fine.

Another consideration is the broms you have in there. You would be amazed at how immature some of the blooming bromeliads are that you buy from the box stores. I bought one that was past bloom that was about the size of yours right now, and it grew to be so big that I just pulled it out of a 24" x 24" x 24" terrarium. I still havent' figured out what I'm going to do with that bad boy (a Vriesea 'Tiffany'). :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts