Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just joined this site yesterday and i cant get enough. it's great. Anyway, I am a little confused about what these ratios mean, for example, i have seen something like this: 1.0.1 or 2.1. etc
I thought this meant male to female but the three digit ratios threw me off. do they mean proven? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Yeah, the third one could be offspring or just unknown. For instance I have a group of 4 green lamasi. They are breeding and depositing tads around the viv but I don't know the sexes. Since they are breeding, obviously I have at least one male and one female. So it is currently a 1.1.2 group untill I figure out the other sexes. They don't care to pose for the camera for me.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
ohhhhh haha gotcha. in that case i have 2.0.2 Leucs, they are about 6 months old and the 2 just started calling. so therefore i now know they are males.. now it would just be great if the other 2 are females
Yes, that's it. Crossing my fingers for you! If you get some good clear top down photos and some good profiles, people here would be glad to help try and sex them for you. Shoot the males too, for comparison.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
are they too young to determine their sex yet? or are you telling me to post the pics in a month or two?
Oh, I missed the 6 months old part. I saw that 2 were calling and thought they were older. That's awfully young for calling. Lucky you! Yes, you will probably have to wait a couple few more months before the females start filling out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts